Post Of The Day

Top 10 Beauty Products For Under 10 Dollars/ Pounds! Collab with Lo!

Hello guys! Gee here, as always. However actually this post is going to be a little different than usual, as me and Lauren thought we w...

Friday 11 November 2016

Gee's November Favourites!



Hi guys! Welcome to my fourth blog post. So far I am keeping up with the every-other-day plan, although I am short on time,, and I really hope you're enjoying reading! You can follow me on Twitter and Instagram @geebeautyx if you'd like to see more content from me, and follow the blog for email updates every single time I post! If you'd like to leave me a comment, to just say hi, ask me to check out your blog or give your opinion on something go ahead, I love chatting to readers. 

So, yes, I am going to follow the popular trend of a monthly "favourites" post surrounding the products, fashion, movies and music that I am currently really loving at the moment and I hope you can love them too.

I do apologise for the quality of my photos at the moment, still can't find the camera cable that will connect it to my laptop so I can share my photos with you :( 

Anyway, yes, so although November is not my favourite month of the year (especially with the freezing cold British weather! Apparently it snowed in some places last night!) and I would much rather be sun bathing on the beaches and taking selfies with my girls, buying bikinis or dining in fancy restaurants abroad - I guess I'm stuck with this blustery, muddy time that comes around annually. There are some benefits though - who doesn't like to snuggle up in comfy onesies drinking hot chocolate? Not me!

My favourite thing when I come home after a long day and freezing cold toes, is definitely a nice hot bath. But once in the while, there's one thing that makes my bathing time almost twice as relaxing.
Lush. Damn, that store is aaaaamaaaaziiiinggggg. 

Some people say the smell when you walk in sends them dizzy or sick, but for me? Walking into a Lush store is like climbing the stair case to heaven.

And my favourite lush product is most definitely the gorgeous "candy mountain bubble bar"! You crumble this swirly pink and white delight under the tap as your bath runs to create an array of bubbles on top of sweet-scented pink water. 

They don't have a lush in my town unfortunately but last time my boyfriend's mum (she is one great lady) went to the shopping centre in our closest city she picked me up three of them - and I have to say they are probably the best Lush products I have used. 



Okay, on to my favourite music at the moment. Now, my music taste differs quite a lot actually. I enjoy quite a few different genres - but mostly it's indie or pop blasting out of my speakers. My all time favourite band is Catfish and The Bottlemen (who I am very excited to be going to see soon!) and although this album has been out since about April, the Ride is still very much always on repeat in my house! It is such a great album, and I love it as much as their first album, The Balcony. The two albums are quite different, the Ride includes some slower, more acoustic songs like Glasgow and Heathrow. My number one song on the album? ANYTHING. Yes, in the sense that I love anything and everything Catfish brings out, but also the song - "Anything".  They are brilliant if you love indie music, and I don't think any other band can ace their sound as well as them.
From the Hollister website - my camera cable is still missing,
Next on my list is my favourite scent at the moment - one of the scents in a long line of body sprays from Hollister Co. The name of this amazing spray is "Solana Beach", a body mist that just takes you back to those brilliant summer memories I mentioned earlier.  Now I've bought two Hollister sprays before that I forgot the name of, butI have had this mist for a while, but you know what it's like when everyone doesn't know what to buy each other for christmas and everyone ends up with boxes of unopened smellies! So, I started to use it last month and it's amazing how little I have actually used, as it has become my go-to daily scent. I've had so many compliments on how nice I smell, it's such a great brand and all of their body mists are awesome, I will definitely be rebuying.


Of course, I must include my favourite makeup this month as it is, a makeup blog! Well, I'm sure most of you makeup junkies will know that duty free is awesome for picking up awesome cosmetic deals! My Dad travels a lot with work, and brought back the Urban Decay Eye Potion Primer and All Nighter Setting Spray for me as they were on offer in an airport somewhere! Well, these products are amazing. Since purchasing, my makeup has stayed on for so much longer. I wouldn't say the all nighter spray keeps your makeup on for a full 17 hours as promised, but it definitely does the trick at stopping your hard work budging for most of the day. Definitely, definitely worth the money! (even though they were a gift, hehe. Love you Dad.)


My favourite Netflix selection at the moment must be the movie they just added, "What's your number?" It's trending now in the UK and came up on that list along with The Crown which I am about to watch - although I've never been big on watching Netflix series as I usually get bored after like three seasons of unhealthy binge watching, hehe. Anyway, this movie is a cute RomCom about a big sister and her quest for love after Ally Darling realises that she is lost in her life, having slept with 19 guys and still being single - so she begins a search for an ex to spend the rest of her life with, refusing to up that number, along with the help of her (very) hot super snoop neighbour. I really liked this, Netflix are adding a lot of great content at the moment and romcoms are my no 1. genre. 



Recently, I read a book called "Wonder", written by R.J Palacio and it was an emotional roller coaster. I laughed, I cried and I smiled over the course of two days when I couldn't put the book down! It focuses around a little boy named August and the people around him, told from all their different perspectives, as he starts school and struggles to fit in due to his facial disfiguration. Auggy is a heart warming and wonderful character and I thoroughly enjoyed this novel, I would recommend it to anyone.


My final favourite for November 2017 is this fluffy, soft scarf from Primark! I will be posting my Primark mini haul soon, however this is definitely my favourite product of the month. I don't usually do much shopping at Primark - there was a time when a lot of the products seemed to dump quality for the ability to keep their prices low, and their best section was definitely the rack of bed socks as you line up to pay (so, so cozy). But now the animal print, polka dot, vibrant socks have competition-  in a trip to primark last week I managed to pick up some super cute winter wear for a reasonable price and of high quality! Especially, my lovely new scarf. It reminds me of those gorgeous fluffy poofs people have on their keychains! It is so warm, and keeps me nice and toasty when I'm braving  the biting cold outside. I'm sure it wasn't too expensive as well, no more than 4 or 5 pounds and well worth it! 

I hope you enjoyed my November favourites, everyone. It was lovely to have you visit my little blog! Like I said, make sure you get in touch and let me know what you think. Do you have any book recommendations for me? Or Netflix shows that you think would change my habits? Comment below, or tweet me @geebeautyx! Thankyou for being nice enough to visit my little domain and it would be amazing if you could maybe even be my first follower? Gee xo 

No comments:

Post a Comment