Post Of The Day

Top 10 Beauty Products For Under 10 Dollars/ Pounds! Collab with Lo!

Hello guys! Gee here, as always. However actually this post is going to be a little different than usual, as me and Lauren thought we w...

Tuesday 15 November 2016

Makeup By Gee - Some Of My Looks


Hello, everyone! If you haven't stumbled across my little domain before, I'm Gee, and I'd like to thank you for checking out my blog. You can find me on twitter and instagram @geebeautyx and today's post is going to be about getting to know me better. Kinda. 

Anyway, I thought instead of writing about my makeup for once; I would actually show you! This post will contain some of the looks I have done on family and friends recently, and the products I used to apply them. But first, I'm going to tell you about where I want to be in the makeup world!

So..Hmm...Where to start? I started playing with makeup when I was about 12, when I decided that I would pinch some of my mum's drugstore foundation that was entirely the wrong colour for my skin. She'd never really been a big makeup enthusiast - I don't know where I got that from, really. So off I went to school one day, keeping my head down and avoiding her as I made my rice krispy breakfast as not to get caught. I can see why she didn't want me to get into makeup so young now as it did highlight my flaws to me, and make me start to feel self conscious without it, something I've gotten over only recently. I also ended up being told 700 times about my "slag lines". Eventually I mastered foundation, but the same thing happened maybe a year or two later with my eyebrows..And then eyeliner...The photos still haunt me!

Anyway, so these last few years I've realised I am quite good at makeup in comparison to the people around me and I've really developed an artistic passion for it! My days of "slag lines" and block brows are long gone, although occasionally my wings start to look a little Amy Winehouse. 

I am quite a smart girl, although I hate tooting my own horn, and I dream of one day becoming a paediatric doctor or a vet. I have considered becoming a makeup artist full time and going to a makeup school, but I just feel like I have the potential to really help people and save lives, and a secret passion for biology as well as makeup! However I would love to become a self taught freelance artist on weekends, to help save money while at medical school, instead of some crappy job where I can't choose my hours.

Now, onto my makeup! So firstly, this is a look from the weekend on a friend of just eyes. This smoked out silvery purple look is complete with my brand new Morphe eyeliner, and made her gorgeous green eyes pop! The colours I used came from the Urban Decay Smokey Palette and Vice 4, and a W7 Neon Palette believe it or not! I used Roller Lash mascara (which I swear by, it is awesome) to give her fluttery gorgeous lashes.




Also, here is another eye look - this peachy look was created using Maybelline 24 Hour Drama Black Gel Liner and my Vice 4 palette, using the Mac brow pencil in Spiked for brows again. I am so proud of this, I really love it and the girl I did it on was soo happy!

That was just a few looks, let me know if you'd like to see some more. I know I am no where near good enough to be a MUA yet - but I'm booking lots of lessons and practicing all the time! Hopefully eventually I will get there, and you can watch me progress until eventually I become great at makeup! 


No comments:

Post a Comment